Monday, July 19, 2010

Air Show in My World

An estimated 80,000 people attended the Dayton Air Show this week end in the city of Vandalia where the airport is located.Ohio has hosted this two day event for 36 years. A multitude of ground displays were available.
The flying portion of the show was incredible with world class aviators demonstrating some amazing maneuvers.

Stunt pilots performed precision movements.
Sometimes it looked like they were about to crash.
The Aeroshell Acrobatic team flies four North American AT-6G aircraft, a plane originally designed as a trainer aircraft for pilots in World War II.
This wing walking demonstration is a husband - wife team; and the wife is out on the wing.
The Blue Angels performed a thrilling mix of amazing maneuvers and precision flying
Six pilots fly the Boeing F/A-18 Hornets, a high performance fighter and attack aircraft, painted in the Navy colors of blue and gold.
The Hornet measures 56 ft. long, 15 ft. high, and has a wingspan of 40 ft. It can reach speeds of 1,200 mph, and climb 30,000 feet per minute.
They were impressive and thrilling. And even though it started to rain during this performance, the crowd stayed and watched until the finish.
Sights from around the world can be seen at My World.

31 comments:

jabblog said...

Wonderful photographs, Carol! As I looked at them and read your words I could hear the roar from the Farnborough International Air Show 8 miles away.
I always rather fancied being a wing walker - it must be terrific - or do I mean terrifying?

Carolyn Ford said...

These are great photographs of the action in the sky! Wow, I love the Blue Angels...what a thrill it is to see them. Military aircraft is always a thrill to see in the sky!

Sylvia K said...

Fantastic captures, Carol! I love the Blue Angels and they just blow my mind every time I've had the opportunity to see them. Terrific post for the day! Have a great week!

Sylvia

Rajesh said...

Wonderful shots of the event. They have designed beautiful patterns in the sky.

EG Wow said...

Thrilling to watch, that's for sure! Great photos, Carol!

ewok1993 said...

fantastic shots. you must have had a fabulous day. never been to these shows. may be i should check out when's the next one near where i live.

Coffeedoff said...

Fantastic shots! I would dove to see them for real.

Xavi said...

Beautiful serie!!
Thanks for your comment.

Carver said...

What fun and you took fantastic shots. I enjoyed this very much.

Maria said...

Breathtaking pictures from Dayton Air Show! I enjoyed them very much!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Carol: That is one cool place to get air shots, the home of flying.

J Bar said...

Great captures.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Barb said...

Carol, you captured the action perfectly - I don't know how you managed to catch the formations so well! Great photos.

SandyCarlson said...

As audacious as it is amazing.

SandyCarlson said...

Utterly incredible.

Al said...

Fantastic airshow photos, those are not easy to get.

Lew said...

Fantastic shots!

Anna said...

AWESOME pictures!! We will have to make it to the air show next year -the kids would LOVE it!! (maybe me too... ;)

magiceye said...

magnificently captured!

mountain.mama said...

I think these are GREAT flight shots!

Animor said...

What a fun show, If i was there I will surely love to watch also. Your photos are great you really captured very well, you can feel how amazing the show and the crowd by just watching your photo.

Rosadimaggio63 said...

Wow,
queste foto oggi sono molkto particolari... chissà che fresco a stare lassù !!
Paura ?
Buona giornata :-))

BraCom (Bram) said...

Beautiful series

Regards, Bram

Seen on My World Tuesday

Arasu said...

The stunt pilots performance are really wonderful! Nice captures of action.

Powell River Books said...

I love an air show! We are actually going to one on Sunday at a nearby small airport. There will be one aerobatic team and that's about it, but looking at all the airplanes that fly in for the event is a show in itself. - Margy

Dani said...

WOW. It must have been fun. Wonderful captures.

ρομπερτ said...

Always two hands of air beneath your wings. Great photography indeed. Please have a nice Wednesday.
daily athens

p.s.: love the "keep cool" picture from Saturday !

Janie said...

Great shots of the planes! I love seeing a good airshow.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Those are the very absolute best planes in flight shots I have ever seen just spectacular thank you for sharing them

Pam said...

Awesome action shots! You captured them perfectly and my excitement also, Carol.

Kathy said...

Spectacular! So glad you put this link on the Midweek Blues. I'm thinking how did I miss these fab fotos. Then I realized they were taken in July and I was out of commission for three weeks in July!