Saturday, November 14, 2009

Kreativ Blogger

I am happy to accept the Kreativ Blogger Award from Carolyn at Ford Family Photos. Thank you , Carolyn. I am asked to write seven things about myself that the blogging community would not know. Here goes:

1. My father built me a dark room in our basement when I was 14 yrs old so I could develop my own film.
2. I used to own a motorcycle.
3. I married a Marine, who was also my high school sweetheart. We have moved 20+ times since we've been married.
4. We have six children. The youngest is in Grad school in Dallas, Texas.
5. I did nothing with photography for the 20+ years I raised children.
6. I began blogging in Jan. 2009; and Grace and Bradley at The Amazing Life were the first to comment on my blog.
7. My first camera was a Kodak Brownie. I now have a Nikon D90.

Next, I am to pass the award on to bloggers that I have enjoyed following and I would like to get to know a little better. I would like to pass the award to :
1. Grace and Bradley at The Amazing Life. Their blog is well named as they really do have an amazing life with all their travels and experiences.
2. Sylvia at Sylvia From Over The Hill. Sylvia is the friendliest blogger I know, I see her everywhere I visit, and I feel like I've been to Seattle through her lens.
3. Janie at Janie and Steve's Utah Trails who I love to go riding through the mountains of Utah with.
4. James at Newtown Area Photo who I started following when he lived in Irving TX so I could see the sights where my daughter goes to school.

I realize that some people do not like these awards that get passed around. I never liked them either. But this time I joined in because it seemed like a fun way to get to know a bit about others. And I do always read the posts when others have written about themselves. Thanks again, Carolyn.

7 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Carol, thank you so very much for the award! I feel the same way you do about awards and while I always acknowledge them and feel very honored to receive them, I don't usually participate. But I will join in this time because it is a fun way -- as you said, to get to know about others.

Again, thank you and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Sylvia

Janie said...

Our awards crossed in cyberspace! Funny that we were each thinking about the other.
Thank you so much for giving me the award and for visiting me so often. I always enjoy your comments, and I love seeing the lovely photos on your blog.
I enjoyed reading about you. A darkroom at 14? Cool! I remember the Kodak Brownies.
We've moved around quite a bit, too, but not 20 times! 6 children and all those moves would keep anyone pretty busy. Wonderful that you married your high school sweetheart.
I would certainly miss my horses and dog, but there are advantages to living in a condo and having no upkeep to worry about. Someday, we'll probably go that route.

James said...

Thank you very much Carol. Even though I don't pass on awards anymore I really appreciate it.

I've known my wife since we were in high school. I was 19 when we started dating. I was 20 yrs old and in the navy when we got married. We've only moved 9 times so far though. :)

Brenda's Arizona said...

Enjoyed your comments and reading about your life. A darkroom at 14? I'm jealous... simply jealous!

Lisa Wilson said...

Congrats on the award! I've been married to my Marine for almost 18 years and we have 3 kids. That's amazing that you have 6!!!!

Carolyn Ford said...

You are welcome!
Even though some choose not to participate, they write a little about themselves anyway. I know a little more about James now...Have a nice "rest of the weekend."

Grace and Bradley said...

Hi Carol,

Thanks for the award. We just came back from a very hectic trip, Grace from Europe and I from US back to Taiwan then off to Kong Kong for four days.

We are new to this. I suppose what we need to do is copy the logo onto our blog then write seven things of ourselves then passed the award further on. We will try.

Thanks again.